Thursday, October 22, 2009

Homemade Laundry Stain Remover

One of my daughters has been checking cookbooks out from the library. She was looking through them and saw this recipe and showed it to me. I don't know how well it works, when my current stain remover runs out I will probably try it out. This recipe comes from the cookbook "Recipes Kids Vote For." Why kids voted for a stain remover, I have no clue! LOL!

Homemade Stain Remover


1/2 cup ammonia

1/2 cup white vinegar

1/4 cup baking soda

2 Tbsp liquid dish soap

2 quarts water


Mix all ingredients together and pour into a spray bottle. Shake solution before each use. Spray on stain and let it soak for a few minutes before washing as usual.


As a side note, for your safety, do not use this spray with a load you are using bleach on. Bleach mixed with ammonia or vinegar can create toxic gases and fumes. If you decide to use this, please come back and leave a comment to let us know how it works!

No comments: